Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Guns

I got my Tech-Sights. I had ordered them by snail mail, and they arrived pretty fast. I got the TR-100 sight (the one with the two arpetures). I also ordered a TS 220 Elevation adjustable arperture. I have not installed the TS 220 yet. I got them both to evaluate them, and it only cost $5 more. Seem to work pretty good, although I had a problem with the rear sight base lossening up. Use blue loctite, and you need a bolt buffer. I made my own from a piece of eraser. I used one of those long erasers that comes out of a pen-type click eraser. Did not cost me much at all. I have also installed an Eagle extended magazine release. Damn 10/22 is a money pit.

My college seems pretty gun-friendly. I have been invited by the Army ROTC department to try their M-16 Laser fire simulator, and learn how to dissassemble, maintain, and reassemble. I have some trigger time with an AR-15. This should be fun. They are also going to have a marksmanship team and show us their rifles and equipment. Way cool, and I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home